Applications After 1 July 2015
For those applying for the SIV after 1 July 2015, the rules for investing have changed. The SIV still requires an investment of AUD$5 million for a period of 4 years. However, the areas where an applicant can invest have changed.
The new complying investments are:
A minimum of AUD $500,000 in a venture capital or private equity fund being an early stage venture capital limited partnership (ESVCLP), a venture capital limited partnership (VCLP), or a venture capital fund of funds (VCFoF) that is registered by the Australian Government. These venture capital funds invest in private companies some of which are innovative and high growth companies across a number of industries.
A minimum of AUD$1.5 million in an eligible managed fund or a listed investment company (LIC) that invests in emerging companies (each investee company with market capitalisation of no more than AUD$500 million). These managed funds use specialist managers and tools to identify the industry leaders of the future.
- Securities (shares, units, options and debentures) of stock-exchange listed companies, listed real estate investment trusts or infrastructure trusts;
- Bonds or notes issued by companies that are listed on an Australian stock exchange (or subsidiaries of such listed companies);
- Bonds or notes issued by non-listed Australian companies or registered foreign companies provided that they are rated as investment grade by a credit rating agency that holds an Australian financial services licence; and
- Real property/real estate in Australia (excluding residential property).
We have a second managed fund known as the SUMO SIV Managed Fund No 2 (ARSN 609 076 824) which is a complying managed investment fund under the new complying investment rules that came into effect on 1 July 2015. As a prospective investor you may obtain a copy of the Fund’s investment menu by contacting us.
SUMO SIV Managed Fund No. 2 was registered as a managed investment scheme by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) on 16 November 2015. The Fund’s registration number is ARSN 609 076 824
Through the SUMO SIV Managed Fund No 2, you will be able to invest in:
- Emerging Companies Managed Funds (at least AUD$1.5 million);
- Balancing Investments (up to AUD$3 million) including Real Property/Real Estate of your choice (other than residential property).
We will also be able to assist you in investing $500,000 into a VCLP, an ESVCLP or a VCFoF.
Special Features of the SUMO SIV Managed Fund No. 2
A one-stop solution for SIV investors who lodge their visa applications after 1 July 2015
Choice of Specific Emerging Companies Managed Funds
Choice of Specific Balancing Investments
Individual beneficial ownership of assets through a separately held account
Ability to Invest in Real Property/Real Estate through the Fund
For more details about how these new SIV complying investment rules will apply specifically to you and your family, we welcome your enquiries today.